Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ugly Uniform of the Day


The New York Jets today wore throwback uniforms formerly worn by the New York Titans. The NY Titans was the original name of the Jets franchise when they came into the American Football League in 1960.

In 1964, Leon Hess, owner of the Hess oil corporation, was a partner that bought into the team. The team moved to Shea Stadium, took the name of Jets, and changed the team colors to green and white to match the colors of Hess gas stations.

The Jets need to stick with the green and white uniforms. These Titans uniforms are putrid. Brett Favre threw six touchdown passes today. Even that performance can't outdo the stink that these uniforms laid out onto the Meadowlands turf today.

Leave these New York Titans uniforms at Shea Stadium. Never mind that Shea is getting blown up. The unis can be blown up with it.

5 comments:

Zee said...

I kind of liked the old school classic look they threw down. And with six TD passes from my Favre, who I started today, I don't care what he wears!!! ;-)

John said...

I have Favre in my other league, and he helped me a ton.

I like the old school classic look. This one was awful, though. Ugh.

Zee said...

You should have saved this until today so you could put Pittsburgh on here instead of the J E T S Jets, Jets, Jets!

John said...

I noticed Pittsburgh's 60's unis. They made them look really slow. Ugh.

Alana said...

pittsburgh didn't look slow...so many ppl bought those jerseys they were sick. way better then the ugly ass jersey's the jet's are wearing but at least they're kickin ass.