Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is 85 a Number, or a Name?


That's Ocho Cinco in Spanish.

Chad Johnson, a pretty good receiver in Cincinnati, has drawn flak in recent years for attempting to wear "Ocho Cinco" on his back during a game. He has been fined by the league for doing so.

Now, he wants to wear Ocho Cinco on his back permanently. The NFL has told him that he can only wear his legal name on his back. So, he is taking steps in the state of Florida to legally change his name to Chad Ocho Cinco.

This is great stuff. If he wants to change his name to Ocho Cinco, more power to him. I sorta like that name. I even named my fantasy team Ocho Cinco a couple of years ago, and he wasn't even on my team.

A league without a sense of humor deserves some comic relief every now and then. This provides plenty of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.

Zee said...

And you named it Ocho Cinco again! WOO HOO!

John said...

'85 was a great year. And, Ocho Cinco is a great number.

Don't worry, though...I'm not running out to change my name to Ocho Cinco.