Saturday, March 08, 2008

Ugly Uniform of the Day


No one can accuse this blog of not taking advantage of equal opportunity or gender equity.

Last night, I was changing channels, and came across the SEC women's basketball tournament. Auburn was playing Vanderbilt, and the Tigers were wearing these navy blue uniforms with wild stripes on them. The uniforms made them look more like tigers than a basketball team. That's too bad. It's ok for their mascot to look like a tiger, but not their athletes. Auburn needs to tone down the stripes.


As I searched for a picture, I came across the same uniform in orange. As you can guess: Gross!

These tiger stripes look better on their mascot. Better yet, they look better on Tony the Tiger or on the Exxon Tiger. They don't belong on the uniform.

2 comments:

Zee said...

I like the look. It looks modern and cool. This is just another case of your hatred of orange. It's not a bad color, my friend, I promise. :)

John said...

Actually, the blue uni was the inspiration for this. I stumbled upon the orange version when looking for a picture of the blue.

It's not about the orange. :-) It's about the stripes.