Thursday, March 27, 2008

Basketball Genius?

The science of predicting brackets is part skill and part luck. Not many people, including myself, predicted Davidson and Western Kentucky to make the Sweet 16. But, here they are.

However, teams like Xavier and Louisville are making me look like a genius. I picked both of them to advance to the round of 8 to play UCLA and North Carolina, respectively. And, both of them advanced. My Final Four of UNC, UCLA, Kansas, and Texas are still intact. And, I have them beating Louisville, Xavier, Wisconsin, and Memphis to get there. All of those teams are still alive.

I picked Florida to beat Ohio State in last year's national championship game. That was one of the more obvious picks in recent years. However, if lightning strikes twice, and UCLA beats North Carolina in the final, I'll stand on my head. Shades of Dick Vitale in 1987 when Austin Peay beat Illinois in the first round.

2 comments:

Zee said...

I didn't even do one this year (a bracket). I think I'm more excited about the college world series for baseball and softball than this year's basketball. Oh well. I'm sure I'll catch the end of a game or two (like A&M's demise) and have fun rooting for someone. :)

John said...

You can adopt Davidson tonight. :-) I'd like for them to win, but I picked Wisconsin to move on in that round.