Monday, November 05, 2007

Bonehead Moves of the Week

The absolute bonehead moves of the week were made by the owner of this blog, who doubles as manager of the fantasy football team known as the Redneck Hayseeds. This team is in a Yahoo public league.

I used Yahoo's analysis to choose my lineups. Mistake #1: Yahoo rated Kevin Jones of Detroit as a 5-star play, as they did LaDainian Tomlinson. L.T. was a no-brainer. Problem is, I also have Adrian Peterson. He was rated as a 4-star play. So, I used Kevin Jones. He scored 7 points in a league that values touchdowns. Adrian Peterson sat on the bench. So did his 45 points.

Mistake #2: Yahoo rated the Baltimore defense vs. Pittsburgh ahead of the Detroit defense vs. Denver. I had both defenses, and chose the Ravens. The Ravens' defense has produced 1 point so far tonight. The Lions' defense rode two touchdowns to 29 points. That is a total of 74 points on the bench.

Fast forward to the Monday night blowout. The Ravens got drilled. Willis McGahee of the Ravens was in my opponent's lineup. He scored a touchdown, and my opponent actually took a lead. I became fortunate in 4th quarter garbage time. The Ravens got an interception. On the ensuing drive, McGahee was knocked out of the game with a concussion while trying to make a block.

What should have been an easy win instead became one that needed an injury to be preserved. Redneck Hayseeds win, 70-69.

Such is life in fantasy football. Don't trust the experts at Yahoo Sports.

2 comments:

Zee said...

You should know better than to trust Yahoo! fantasy info. I've been burned too many times!

John said...

There's a reason why I'm in last place in our league. :-(