Monday, August 06, 2007

One Year On The Web

Today is the first anniversary of this blog.

When I began this blog, I hoped to provide relevant, irrelevant, and sometimes irreverent commentary on certain items in the world of sports. I wanted to produce something that others would want to read. Since I put the latest version of SiteMeter up in November of last year, this blog has received 13,377 visits. That is not a lot compared with big-time blogs such as EDSBS. However, that is a lot more than I had reason to expect. I'm just a guy in Texas with a job, a family, and a computer. I don't pretend to be a professional journalist, columnist, or talk show host.

Traffic-driving topics of the past year include:

* The vicious email sent by a friend of the Arkansas program to quarterback Mitch Mustain, influencing him to transfer to USC.

* The takeover by Kentucky fans of a dormant TCU message board.

* Talk of Big Ten expansion, driven by the new Big Ten Network.

* Various styles of ugly uniforms.

Look for more of the same in the future!

This blog has been linked to and referenced from several message boards, and from blogs for publications such as the Arkansas Times and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

This has been a labor of love for the past year. I look forward to what the future brings.

Thank you to all who have stopped by and made this blog successful.

2 comments:

Zee said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!

I love your blog and hope you continue on and on ... even when we disagree! ;)

John said...

Thank you for your comments and contribution, as well!

Here's to making a deeper impact on the blogosphere in the season ahead.