Thursday, July 19, 2007

Ugly Uniform of the Day


I apologize for the time between posts. It's been a crazy week.

I saw a picture of this uniform in the preview for Kent State in Phil Steele's College Football Preview. This is an alternate uniform, or perhaps something they wore two years ago, as they are wearing blue at home and white on the road on most occasions.

Those yellow-gold jerseys do not go with the blue helmets and blue pants. I can do without the lightning bolts on the pants, but that's not as bad as the gold jersey. Cal does the same thing, and it is not good. The gold jersey is ugly, especially this shade of gold with the blue helmet. The Golden Flashes were better off by going back to the blue home and white road uniforms.

Kent State is better off leaving these things in the closet. They should keep the blue and white jerseys.

4 comments:

Zee said...

Ha! At first I thought you were talking about the white and red uni. They are both junk! Bleah!

John said...

Yeah, that Miami Redhawk uniform isn't that great, either.

That's Miami of Ohio, the Cradle of Coaches, not Miami of Florida, the Cradle of Criminals.

Ya gotta love the MAC.

Zee said...

Oh, I'm familiar with My-ama of Oh-Hi-Ah.

I think the white pants just make it worse for me. I'm not a fan of white football pants. Also the Kent State ones look like old Chargers unis to me, which makes me sorta like 'em. :)

John said...

The Kent State uniforms are ok as long as they wear blue or white. The gold jersey creates a huge gross-out factor.