Saturday, July 07, 2007

Getting Close To One Another



This is a classic ABC Sports clip from last season's game in College Station between the Fightin' Texas Aggies and Texas Tech.

The Ags had taken a late lead, and were kicking the ball off to the Red Raiders. This is a clip of some members of the Corps of Cadets.

Texas A&M has a lot of funky traditions relating to the Corps. One of them is for the Corps members to demonstrate their empathy, commitment, and willingness to endure pain, by choosing to "man up", or to stand in a line and grab themselves between the legs.

I'm ok with some Aggie traditions, but this one is a little too much for me.

For what it's worth, Tech went on to win the game.

2 comments:

Zee said...

funky is not what this is. If I said what this was, I'd have to go to rehab and then I'd get fired from Grey's Anatomy.

Aggie traditions are ridiculous.

John said...

This tradition is gay. Not ghey as in weird, but gay as in, you know...