Friday, March 02, 2007

UUOTD-Spring Training Edition


Spring Training is underway now, and exhibition games began yesterday. Spring has sprung in warmer regions of the country, and opening day is not far away.

An alarming feature in baseball uniforms is being modeled by Alex Gordon of the Kansas City Royals. Several teams are wearing a colored stripe down the side of their jerseys. The Royals' spring training partner, the Rangers, are wearing a red stripe with royal blue. That is not a good look. The different colored jerseys (like blue for the Royals) are fine from time to time, but these wide stripes, or whatever they are, need to go.

I use the Royals as an example due to these caps. They keep the standard royal blue, with the "KC" logo, but have these little gray wing-looking things above the ear. I can't tell if it's supposed to be the wings of Mercury, or Goodyear. Or, if it's just supposed to be a rounded edge above the ear. Either way, I hope other teams aren't copying it. The Royals' blue caps with the white "KC" have been just fine, even when their team has been horrible.

2 comments:

Zee said...

If this is their spring training jersey, I'm okay with it. If it's for the whole season, it looks like a stinking practice jersey or the little league unis they wear in Azle, Texas!

John said...

I hope it's nothing more than a spring training jersey. I was scoping for pictures, and I saw the Rangers with one exactly like it, only with a red stripe. I also saw the Red Sox in a red one with a black stripe.

The Azle Little League may have better tastes.