Friday, March 16, 2007

Ugly Uniform of the Day


UUOTD has been rather sporadic lately. I saw something that caught my eye today, however.

Xavier of New Orleans is playing in the NAIA national tournament in Kansas City. I saw this picture, and this is not a good look. They have a bullseye on their chest. The number is inside a circle. The wide trim doesn't look real good, either.

What takes the cake, though, is on the shorts. The shorts say "Rush" on the belt area. I thought "What? This isn't a fraternity or sorority". What's up with Rush? Isn't it a 70's rock band from Canada? I didn't think an HBCU would have the name of a conservative talk radio host on their shorts. I did some research, and their nickname is the Gold Rush. Anyway, "Rush" doesn't belong on the belt.

I'm still not sure how a team from New Orleans got to be the Gold Rush. San Francisco? Yes. New Orleans? I'm not sure.

3 comments:

Zee said...

What's with the oval on the front? This isn't football! This should at least be a circle!!!

One eye!

John said...

I'd rather them not have a circle or an oval.

Plus, "Rush" on the shorts needs to go.

One eye gouge.

Zee said...

HA! I didn't even see the RUSH! LOL! Now they think they're boxers! That's great.