Monday, January 22, 2007

Ron Mexico Update

It appears that Michael Vick/Ron Mexico was not trying to get marijuana through security at the Miami airport last week.

Two questions are begging for answers:

1) Why pay $15.00 for a water bottle with compartments, if he didn't have anything to hide?
2) Why try to get a plastic bottle through security in an airport, when you should know that they no longer allow plastic bottles?

The law was apparently not broken here. However, common sense was broken in this instance.

And this guy is quarterback of an NFL team?

5 comments:

Zee said...

Isn't the attempt to take more than 3 oz. of liquid through security at the airport breaking the law - although it may be a minor one?

John said...

The rule is 3.5 ounces. I don't know where TSA regulations stop and laws start, or if they're one in the same, but he shouldn't be trying to sneak a plastic bottle through security.

Zee said...

I haven't been to as many airports as you since this stupid law came into effect, but I swear some airports said 2 oz., some 2 oz., and some 4 oz. I don't get it. Of course, it doesn't matter because I'm not trying to smuggle anything like a big stupid knucklehead!

John said...

I remember getting a tube of toothpaste that was 3.6 ounces. That's too big. But, if it's in one of those resealable bags, I don't think they check it real close. They do limit you to one toiletry bag.

Even so, I check my suitcase now. I already have to run a coat through the machine and to get a laptop out of the bag, and take my shoes off. The suitcase is one less thing I have to keep up with in an airport. Plus, I'd have to gate check it anyway, on a regional jet.

Anonymous said...

and he was flying back home to atlanta, you would think he has weed back at home...