Monday, September 25, 2006

End Of An Era

I earlier questioned the direction of the Arizona Cardinals. Well, it looks like Kurt Warner is about to be benched.

I love Kurt Warner. His is one of the great stories in the history of the National Football League, as he went from stocking shelves at Hy-Vee to Super Bowl MVP. He's a great guy off the field, also. But, as my wife and I have joked for the past couple of years, he sucks now. Four turnovers yesterday sealed it for him.

That's ok. He had a great run. He'll still be paid well to be a backup quarterback in Arizona.

As for Matt Leinart: He goes from having Reggie Bush and a set of great receivers at USC to being surrounded by Edgerrin James, Larry Fitzgerald, and Anquan Boldin. To whom much is given, much is required.

6 comments:

Zee said...

I don't want Kurt Warner to be benched! He's the coolest.

And my yahoo.com, fantasysports.yahoo.com, mail.yahoo.com, and anything else yahoo.com is not working! Grrrrrr!

Am I winning this week? I think I am.

John said...

My Yahoo Stattracker is working. At halftime, you're ahead 84-57. He doesn't have anyone in this Saints-Falcons game.

Zee said...

hurray!

I have two - Vick and my TE, but I can't remember his name. He's brand new that's why. Really, that's my excuse. And he was a TE/WR combo so I was hoping for some more points.

How are you doing according to StatTracker?

Zee said...

Colston was my other one. 9 points from a TE (and WR ;) isn't bad at all. You kicked booty all over the place! 140 points is just obnoxious! I'm glad I won. I'm sure after my first week's weak showing that some were doubtful of my team this year!

I'm in fourth place now, which isn't bad at all. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. Or it could go like last year where I finished sixth, but was in the championship match! lol

John said...

Yeah, I've had a pretty good run during the first three games. I've broken 100 every week.

This week, I was fortunate, because Peyton Manning got points when I didn't expect him to against the Jags, and Clinton Portis and Brian Westbrook totally went off. I left a ton of points on the bench, too, as Javon Walker showed up the other night for Denver.

I picked up Marques Colston in my other league. I don't know if he ever plays TE, but Yahoo lists him as a WR/TE, so I use him as a tight end. He's better than most of the regular tight ends, except Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez. You got him in this league before I could get to him. :-(

Zee said...

Well, sorry you didn't get him first, but I'm glad to know that I picked up a player that someone else was actually interested in!

Hey, to get back on point, I was reading the Jock Report (like the Drudge Report, but for sports!) and they have an article listed saying that Green changed his mind and Warner will start again (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2602503) - hurray!